Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pics from Prague

Some random pictures from Prague, I hadn't looked through Anthony's memory card yet so these are just the ones from my camera. I'm sitting at the window of our hostel room in Munich, Germany. We were going to go south to see Ludwig's castle, Neuschwanstein (sp?), but we made today a rest day, where we won't walk to typical 10 miles a day we have been. My feet are sore and it's almost unbearable to walk at this point... so I'm giving the feet a day off, well, the first part of the day at least. Then we're doing a beer garden tour later tonight.

We hung out at a beer garden for awhile last night and got a few pics of our 1 liter beers that are bigger than my head...haha. I figure I have easily lost 10-15 lbs on this trip so far, but I'm sure that will change now that we're in Germany... our typical one meal a day was tripled yesterday. Walking to our hostel and seeing all the fruit stands and little bakeries made me happy enough to almost giggle.

The cheap part of our journey has come to an end though... Germany is not eastern Europe in the slightest. So we're having to think about money before sitting around drinking 50 beers a night...haha.













This was the top of the huge amount of steps we had to ascend to get to the castle on top of the hill... not too bad, we only had to stop once to catch our breath...haha. I saw an old lady with a walking cane go up them while we sat at the bottom drinking a few beers, when I saw her I knew that there was no way I couldn't go now.




The World Cup viewing party went on every day, we watched part of a game there but ended up leaving because it was so hot and we watched the game somewhere else.



I was told I don't have enough pics of me on the blog...ok, fine.




Beer is always served with a lot of head in the Czech Republic. This was a typical pour. These were some of our more expensive beers, at around $3.50 a piece because it was in a tourist infested area. All glasses have a .5 liter mark on them so they fill it up to that and the head just fills the rest of the glass. Good stuff I tell ya.

No comments: