Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Back in Amsterdam to finish out the 6+ week trip to Europe

I'm sitting here in an extremely bad ass hotel room where I will finish my time in Europe. I'm ready to get back home, but I'd definitely be ok if I had to stay here another month or two...lol. All good things must come to an end though so I'm sure I'll deal with it. I do still have 4 nights here to get into as much trouble as I possibly can, so I'm sure I'll have at least some fun before heading back to good old
Oregon.

Last night in Dublin I got to hang out with an old Irish acquaintance, Sandra, who I worked with long ago at Intel. We went to the "Oldest Pub in Ireland", as they said it, established somewhere around 1176 or something like that. That's probably many many pints ago...haha. We had fun chit chatting and drinking until it was time to close the bar, where myself and Jason were able to catch a ride from Sandra, Thanks for that again... and I figured I'd also call it a night since we had to wake up fairly early to catch a flight from Dublin to Amsterdam. Prior to going over to that bar, we checked out the Guiness factory. The "Guiness Storehouse" is the biggest tourist attraction in Ireland, which is easy to see by how streamlined they make the tour of the factory. It reminded me of what I didn't care much for in Prague, the massive amount of tourists, mostly Americans. It was a cool thing to do, because who could possibly go to Dublin and not check out Guiness?

Not much else to put here but I figure I can post a picture or two from the past few days in Ireland.




Click or copy and paste for better version. http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4085/4837981910_c5293d2ea1_b.jpg


Click or copy and paste for better version... http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4087/4838017866_298a3c5664_b.jpg

No comments: