Sunday, July 4, 2010

Belgium, Rock Werchter

I got tickets to this massive rock fest a few months ago when we were trying to figure out stuff to do while in Europe. It was pretty awesome. Tons of people, I heard that yesterday it may have been over 1 million people through the gates. The venue was pretty massive, with spots of shade being sought after like a Wii at Christmas time a few years back. It was a pretty hot day, but the breeze REALLY helped. I bought a cool hat in Germany the other day, and when I got back to the hotel I threw it away due to being so dirty and not able to be cleaned...lol. I guess I'll find another hat when we get to Amsterdam later on today.

A snippet from Alice in Chains to show a bit of how huge the crowd was... It was even bigger for Them Crooked Vultures and Pearl Jam.

You may have to copy and paste the links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBK0PUZMqLU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpSmK2srbPU

We also found Red Bull in a bottle, which I'd never seen before. Oh yeah, in Belgium, people just throw their trash down... It seems to be a really dirty place because of this, we found it strange actually... how dirty a place like this is. So one way to fight that at the concert, they offered a free ticket (u can buy beer, food, soda, etc with tickets) So if you brought 20 cups or bottles up to the bins, you got a ticket... as you can imagine, there were a ton of people picking up trash. It was a pretty brilliant idea.

No comments: