Saturday, July 17, 2010

About to fly off to London from Berlin...

So Berlin has been a bit of a vacation from the vacation for me up to this point. I took the 2 hour tour of the city the second day here and I didn't do much else other than sit around the hostel and drink beer the last few days. It was a good way to rest up my feet and hopefully not screw my right foot up anymore than it already is. It still hurts but it seems the swelling has went down a bit.

We've met and hung out with a lot of cool folks here in the hostel, so in a way, it was just as cool as going out to a bar every night... There were a few people here as long as we have been, but for the most part, it's a different crowd ever day. This hostel is huge, so tons and tons of people from all over, but lots and lots of groups of students from other parts of Germany it seems, I just hit on the teachers though...haha. If I ever came back here, I'd make sure it was a bit earlier in the year so it wasn't so damn hot... The place doesn't have any AC, and it's been around 90 degrees most of the days here. The only good thing that's come of it being so hot is of course, as I mentioned previously... the women don't wear much clothes and being in a coed dorm where everyone sleeps in as little clothes as possible on top of their covers has been pretty cool. :-p Last night we were 2 of 3 guys in a 10 bed dorm and our new friends were mostly Finnish 20 yr old college chicks, all hot of course. My next trip to Europe will include Finland and Sweden for sure...haha.

We got really drunk again last night... imagine that. As we talked about not drinking much earlier in the day, that ended up not being the case, once we grabbed the bottle of vodka and a bunch of beers, we were well on our way to another long night of drinking. I blame it on all the people we find to hang out with here, you just end up getting round after round of beer or vodka mixed drinks. I chose Orange Fanta as my mixer for a drink or two last night, good stuff. It's day #30 of drinking for us. Yay.

I got up this morning to take a shower and there was a guy who must've partied a bit too much last night. He was passed out snoring full blast on the floor of the shower room. It was pretty awesome to see actually. He was right in the doorway so I couldn't close the door to the bank of showers... so anyone walking by could pretty much see in. I didn't care to wake him up so I just hopped in the shower and figured "oh well" if anyone would be walking by in the next little bit...haha. So I take my shower, step over the drunk kid again and start walking to the room. I decided I wanted more people to see the humor in this, so i pushed the door open to the shower room so people walking by would also be sure to see someone so passed out in the position he was in. Cuz I'm such a nice guy. lol

So tonight we fly to London for a night in a hostel there before picking up Anthony's g/f Bobbi tomorrow afternoon. We'll be in London for a few days and then I'm gonna go hang with some other acquaintances in northern England while Bobbi and Anthony head to Scotland, where I'll meet up with them a day or so later. I figure the two of them will need some alone time anyway. Temps are supposed to be around mid 60's to lower 70's for the rest of our trip... I'm actually looking forward to being able to wear a pair of pants again and not sweat when I get out of the shower... woot.

Well, it seems like Anthony's laundry is done so we're about to leave the hostel and head to the airport for a bit. I'm on the fence as far as how much I like or dislike this hostel. It definitely has ups and downs but I think I'd stay here again in a month where it's not so hot. Out of the hostels we've stayed in, I think this was probably the one with the most really young people, but that was offset by a decent amount of people our age too, as I mentioned, I just hit on their teachers...haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?