Sunday, June 13, 2010

Eurotrip 2010 - 4.5 days before I get on the plane

As I'm about to embark on a trip that one could deem, the trip of a lifetime, I figure it's a good idea to keep a good blog so all my friends, family, stalkers, other travelers, and strangers can keep up with. I used this blog for some time as a photoblog but I ended up deleting all my posts since everything that was on here was from prior to 2008, which is when I started my photoblog on myspace rather than on here. Since I barely use myspace at all anymore, here I am... round 2.

For those who are not in the know... One of the "perks" of my career is an 8 week sabbatical that we get every 7 years with the company. If you don't use it within 3 years after you're eligible, you lose it... Meaning that, if you're here for 10 years and forget to use it (I've never heard of this happening...lol) then you no longer get one. My 7 year anniversary was in October of 2007... So if you do the math, you'll notice that I've waited a bit to take mine.

I pushed my sabbatical off for so long due to a drunken conversation I had some time around January of 2008 with a good friend, Anthony. Who pretty much EVERYONE I know in Oregon knows, but very few other folks from other parts of my life do. He's one of very few people in the world I actually get along with enough to decide to take a 6-week trip to Europe with. He had to wait til this year for his 2nd sabbatical so that's why mine was pushed out to 9 years and 8 months before I'm taking it, starting next week. I'm paid to be off of work from June 17th-August 22nd. *hard life, I know...lol.

So yeah, this will be the blog that I use for my entire vacation via netbook, WiFi, and internet cafe. So bookmark it, favorite it, or just forget it...lol. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

1 comment:

Sabina McDonald said...

OMG Nick, you are doing a FANTASTIC job on this Bog, i absolutly LOVE it!!! :)
Its cool to have a journal of a cool trip like this one and i think you're writing is funny and very entertaining!!! I love what you said about intel loving the wires all up in there, all crossing each other and what not hahahaha!!! You should write a book! Well...doh!....you could make a book out of your Journal blog....it would be so cool. Total fan here!! Keep up the great work, have tons of fun, be SAVE as always! Cant wait to read more as the journey continues!! ....xo Sabina :)